The Localism Act has reformed the planning system to give local people new rights to shape the development of the communities in which they live. A Neighbourhood Development Plan [NDP] will be produced by the local community and will set out how local people want their parishes to develop in the future.
This is an important document to have because it will allow local people to decide:
- The future shape and nature of our two parishes.
- The extent of housing development to meet our needs and also to decide where it should go.
- Appropriate design, quality and style of future developments.
- How we will protect our landscape and environment.
- Ways in which local businesses, employment provision and local facilities and services will be supported.
Pencombe Group Parish Council has already established the neighbourhood area and is now keen to move towards producing an NDP to cover Pencombe and Little Cowarne. To achieve this goal, the Parish Council now intends to undertake the following:
Setting up a Steering Group
The Steering Group will be made up of designated Parish Councillors and members of the local community. It is important that as many local people are engaged with the development of the NDP right from the start.
Informing the residents
The Parish Council together with the Steering Group will hold a ‘drop-in event’ in Pencombe & Little Cowarne Parish Hall early in 2018. The purpose of the event is to:
- Share more information about the NDP.
- Provide a snap-shot of our parishes as they are now.
- Gather residents’ views about their parish.
- Set out how you could become involved.
If you are interested in volunteering to assist in the production of the NDP for this parish, please contact one of the following:
- Rowena Hatfield – 01885 400705
- Carol Jinks – 01885 400748
or via the Parish Clerk here.